With the year wrapping up soon, have you set certain goals for yourself for 2017?
Personally, I would love to find a better life/work balance but also feel fulfilled in the work that I choose to take in 2017. We can all have dreams!
I'm going to take a moment and reflect on this...
I didn't figure out the first point since I haven't had much of a chance or need to market myself since, but I have learned a lot of ideas I've yet to try out.
I actually think I totally nailed my second point, if only because I gave myself leeway from the wording, but I'm pretty confident in using houdini and c4d for basic to moderate stuff, I even got an official FX Artist title this year.
And my third point was also accomplished because of how nebulous it was. Have I improved as much as I wanted to? Definitely not, but I did improve.
I have at times and I think ive seen your film from the trip?
I really enjoy driving though so the long days arent too bad for me. My buddy and I are photographers / video people so we like being able to not be on someone elses schedule to make a stop in a field or at a cool building if we feel like it.
But thats good to keep in mind if I need to keep my budget low. Normally we just camp in national parks which is either free or about 15-30 for the week.
Have you considered amtrak? I did a month going cross country stopping along the way. A usa rail pass was only 500 bucks and got you 12 trips for a month. Limited on where you can go but you can drink, draw, and take pictures instead of drive.
1. Update my art blog once per day
2. Volunteer/give to charity more
3. Finish KonMari-ing my apartment
1. Finish script for new short film
2. See my friends + family more
3. Make time to draw just for fun
you better start with point 3 man... will help you on 1 and 2 ;D
1. Grow my team to 3 people
2. Practice more character animation
3. Learn more swift
Figure out how to market myself
Get 3D down to a somewhat comfortable level
Improve on the whole "design" thing
1. Not fail at freelancing (starting in January!)
2. Learn drums
3. Learn German
4. Draw more
1. Get a job with a motion design studio ( currently at a ad agency)
2. Make more things I'm proud/passionate about & work with amazing people
3. Focus on getting better w/ after effects
4. eat more breakfast food
I wish for 2017 to finish my first children's book and start my second, and my third... And to learn about robotics, visit JPL, play with Scratch language, and all those new STEAM toys with my kids...
And to make a project with LittleBits!
1. Finish the book “The Animator’s Survival Kit”
2. Finish the book “Saul Bass, a life in film and design”
3. Finish the book “How to finish a book”
- Go on a vacation
Echo #4, ha.
1. Learn French
2. Form healthy habits (actually sticking to a workout schedule)
3. Produce at least one short animated piece
Much of my list contradicts itself but I suppose maintaining that balance is the key:
- Improve work/life balance - focus more on health & family
- Procure more direct to client work
- Do more gaming related work (client and/or personal)
- Stack cash and prep for our country's possible impending doom under Trump's reign
1. Find new job, or more freelance work
2. Finish short film
3. Build a animation collaboration project
4. Learn a new piece of software
My biggest goal right now is to create and publish some personal work.
1. Learn how to DJ
2. Take a cross country road trip
3. More Cell Animation
4. Better at after effects.
1. Get more client work, so I can get through school without "working".
2. Do a lot of 3D
3. Find an internship
4. Become friends with Nicola, before he wins the lottery.
1 - find a new job
2 - put together a personal project in order to learn ZBrush + Arnold
3 - win the lottery so i can stop with point 1 and i'll spend all my time on point 2
I guess I also would like to get more involved in the motion graphics "community" in LA.